Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Positive Morning Playlist + Life Tips?

I think I've accepted the fact that I would rather make a playlist than do almost anything else, except maybe watch "Clueless" and "13 Going on 30" while eating buttery red potatoes. (That is, of course, an ideal situation). Until that happens, which it probably won't (but actually, now that I think about it, that isn't a situation that's hard to create), I'll just stick to making playlists. 

Sometimes, you just have to get back to the basics. New bands nobody knows is always fun, but nostalgia is vastly underrated. Not the kind of nostalgia your grandma gets when she remembers segregated schools (*deep, reverberating sigh*), but the nice kind that traces back to days when you were achingly cheerful. I'm still achingly cheerful, but it's more annoying now that I'm not worried about seeming not emo. 2010 was weird, man.

Lately, I've been listening to this playlist in the morning; it makes me really happy, and that's crucial when you have to get up at least four hours before you would in the wild. Works best coupled with at least two obnoxious cats to bat at your toothbrush as you brush your teeth, but not necessary. Finish off with gummy vitamins (get out of my face with those huge, sad, unecessary pills), and you're bound to have a great day. 

I really do think the music you listen to impacts your mood, subconscious or otherwise, so if you want to be more positive, maybe Lana Del Rey isn't the best choice.  

I like a lot of different music, but lately I've been focusing on positive songs with jazz and/or R&B influences, and obviously, tropical songs are a constant. So, here's the playlist!:


To go along with this playlist, I thought I would talk a little about things I have adopted which have really helped me become a more positive, motivated, and self-fulfilling person! Last year was a very dark period for me, and I became very depressed; I had been so "on" all through high school, doing all the extra credit for things and basically giving up my entire soul whenever I did a project. As you can guess, being the energizer bunny couldn't keep up forever, and when I ran out of juice, it was like a sugar crash. At least, that's the best way I can explain it. I slept all the time, I didn't like talking to anyone, and doing homework physically nauseated me. I did it all, but my energy was quickly going into the negatives. There would be times when I would just sit and stare at the latch on the window or the corner of the coffee table; I didn't care to do anything, not even cry.

When finals were over, I realized I needed to do something. I watched movies I liked, I started dancing even when I didn't feel like it, and I blocked everything out except for the people I held dear. I read beautiful books, and I recharged myself. More importantly, I promised myself not to be the energizer bunny anymore. I am not a battery to be sucked dry, and neither are you. Give to others, but take just as much. Say no when you want, buy bright clothes, smile at people who look like they need it.  

Drink a lot of infused water.

Recharge yourself constantly. Literally all the time. When you feel mentally exhausted, pause and take a little time to do the things you enjoy. STAY ORGANIZED, because the less your brain has to worry about remembering everything, the better. Pick the most adorable planner there is. Write down everything. Make lists. Morning routine lists, night routine lists, dog petting lists. Listen to positive music a lot. Not everyone likes upbeat music, but cutting down on music that drags you down or gives negative vibes helps you help yourself. 

Eat food you like. Create eating habits that don't damage you mentally or make you unhappy. Eat a lot of veggies and fruit along with a lot of candy, regardless of whether you want to get fit or not. Keep yourself hydrated because a hydrated body is a happy one that can function, and be at its best. 

Watch chick flick comedies. Good ones like "13 Going on 30" (how many times have I mentioned that movie?) or "Sleepless in Seattle" (God, that movie is after my heart, I swear). 

Love yourself, endlessly. 











1 comment:

  1. eToro is the best forex trading platform for newbie and pro traders.

    ReplyDelete