Tuesday, July 1, 2014

My Night Routine!

What's up, buttercups? My friend Snorkelinginabathtub recently did a morning routine post, with the girlie at Ethereal Bubbles soon to follow, but I figured my night routine was approximately 10x more interesting than what I do in the morning. That, and I basically run around like a chicken with its head cut off in the morning; there's little 'routine' in that madness. While I'll attempt to do one in the future, a night version is a lot better, because that is when I use most of my products. So here we go!

First, I have to go outside with my dogs to make sure they do their business. Boring, and let's be frank, scary as hell in the dark woods, but I thought I would include it. If you have dogs that tend to experience incontinence or waking people up at 3 AM to pee, you will understand this policing.

Then, I head upstairs and begin taking care of my face. This, the most intricate and complex of my processes, like a shameful and tiresome dance, takes about fifteen minutes. I know, it's awful of me, but I really just can't stop being high maintenance and horrid. I wash my hands FIRST THING (no skipping!) with the lemon hand soap, then I waste three minutes getting the temperature of the water a nice lukewarm. Our water heater is older than I am, so the struggle is endless. After that I wash my face with the Pacifica, and pat my face dry so it's not totally wet, but damp (this makes the moisturizer more effective; and also, I use a separate towel just for my face, because let's be real here, body lotion and hair products are absolute gunk). Then, I massage in a dime-size amount of the Garnier gel — this is my base moisturizer, because it really hydrates, but isn't enough to conditiont. Then, I apply the Clean & Clear treatment on any spots I've been battling with, and apply a thin layer of the CeraVe lotion as the next lotion to my face; it's fragrance-free and hypoallergenic, so it's good for my whole body, and by applying this on top of the Garnier, it's almost like a night mask. If I'm feeling frisky, I'll gently massage a mix of EV olive oil, Evening Primrose oil, and flaxseed oil on my eye area to give a boost. Finally, I cover my spots again with the YesTo Tomatoes stick if they're being really bothersome, because it's all natural and full of good things like ginger root. 

CO Bigelow Hand Wash, Pacifica Face Wash, Garnier Gel Cream, Spot Treatment, CeraVe Lotion, YesTo Stick, Natural Oil Blend
Whew, that was exhausting. Stay with me.

Next, I pop my pills. I take a medication for my chronic migraines (not shown) and Evening Primrose oil, which is good for the skin and general health for uterus-peeps. I BRUSH MY TEETH AFTER THAT. IM WRITING IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE YOU'RE PROBABLY BORED.  

3D White Luxe toothpaste and Evening Primrose Oil Herbal Gels


Ah, but we are getting to the end, friends. I apply two layers of my rose lip balm for a sexy mouth, and apply a soothing body lotion to my arms and legs; it really varies on my mood, so I have a lineup! For my hands, I use a specially-formulated lotion — right now, I'm loving the Vaseline because it smells like Crème de la Mer without the $295 price tag. 

Vaseline Healthy Hand & Nail, Rose Salve, Aveeno Calming, Dream Silk Comfort Cream, B&BW Sleep, B&BW Sensual 

WE HAVE NOW LEFT THE BATHROOM. I REPEAT. WE HAVE NOW LEFT THE BATHROOM.

After gently but forcefully shepherding Chloe into the bedroom, I shut us in and we snuggle down to watch our current favorite TV show on netflix (well, MY favorite, because let's face it, our relationship is one where I'm clearly the brains of the operation). Currently, I've been obsessed with House M.D (late on the bandwagon, don't remind me) to fill the void left by Orange Is the New Black. 

Either that, or I scroll endlessly through Tumblr listening to my sleepytime playlist! They really calm me down and put me in a nice mood for at least 12 hours of dreamless void :D


 Asleep: 1:48 AM approx. 


1 comment:

  1. Save closet space while protecting your clothes. Barbara Klermund, founder of Tomorrow’s Outfit,
    started it off as a way to help his step daughter stay organized!

    ReplyDelete