Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Good Girls Read Books

Sorry I haven't written in a while, but to be honest, I've been too wrapped up in introverted activities such as reading (whoa, didn't see that one coming, did you? Just kidding, you most likely did). Which brings me to my topic this evening, my lovelies! I've been reading various books this summer, and am quite excited to read Julie and Julia next! Link below if you don't know the summary:

http://juliepowellbooks.com/books.html

(fun fact: At first, i tried to do a gimmick like that, but it didn't work out because I kept getting sick of all my gimmicks....). But anyways, as i was furiously whip-reading through as many books as possible because that's just how I roll, I began to ponder the meaning of life. Or rather, the life of a book-lover. Did you know that people who read books for pleasure rather than being forced are significantly more likely to get good grades? You probably did, but that was the only thing resembling a statistic I could find on the Internet, so you know what, THAT WAS A GOOD PIECE OF INTERESTING INFORMATION TO YOU. IT CHANGED YOUR LIFE. And it really does make sense. You rarely see that class clown slackers reading Lord of the Rings, now do you?

No. No you do not.

And I am a firm believer that the type of book you read can signal your personality. Sometimes, not always, because I know a lot of happy people who read really depressing books (I don't see the appeal, but apparently my mindset is one-in-a-million. AKA the Hunger Games success). But people who read really sappy romance books tend to be really romantic *ahem*. And people who read really sad books like The Boy in the Striped Pajamas tend to be insane. And I just realized that this paragraph right here wasn't even a thing that was supposed to happen, so I'm going to get back on track now.....

ANYWAYS. Usually, the simple fact is that if you are intelligent, you read books. If you are a really gentle and nice and surreal person, there's a chance you enjoy reading books. If you are a fairy, you almost exclusively do nothing but read books (and flit about, showering the world in fairy dust and tending to flowers and whatnot). Not to sound condescending here, but hey, I've yet to see anyone prove me wrong, so.......But anyways, see what I mean? *PICTURE GOOOOOOOGLE TIME!!*






 FAIRY.





*DIES FROM ADORABLE BOOKISHNESS*
Lessoned learned, dear ones? GOOD GIRLS READ BOOKS!! Oh, and my cute introversion picture that I thought described my state of being for this past, oh, month or so:




2 comments:

  1. I often get bored of books halfway through. I'll be all *Yeah!! Reading!! I like to read! Books=joy!* and then after a week or so I'm like *...I just read that roadsign today, must I read EVERYTHING??* Sorta like a *Read ALL the books!! ...Read ALL the books?*

    Also I'm sorry, I just saw the *No comments* thingy and I was like *I HAVE TO CHANGE THAT.*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some books I will stop reading at a good part where everyone is happy because it's only halfway through so I know something has to happen, and I want to preserve the goodness for as long as possible.

    AND I DO THAT TOO.

    ReplyDelete